Sunday, April 26, 2009

OK OK OK...

Shows were pretty fun and thanks to anyone who came out. I think Zac and I will spend some time in the studio and think about adding a full band because playing with Todd was too much fun, and our set in Pittsfield seemed to be lacking energy or flow or something, the place had a really lull state to it as well, so it was hard to get things circulating.

Other news, total sidetrack... I have gone to 2 of these Dead shows, and am going to a 3rd one tonight, they have been really great I suggest going over to archive.org and listening to one, my preferences have been night 2 in Worcester (4-19-09) and the Nassau show (4-24) Wilkes Barre is also a nice showing, and if this MSG one gets up there its a trip of a setlist... here are the setlists for the two I have seen...

4-18-09 DCU Worcester, MA
I: Feel Like a Stranger > GDTRFB, Mountains of the Moon > Dupree's Diamond Blues, Althea, Bird Song > China Cat Sunflower > I Know You Rider
II: Dancin in the Street > Milestones > Lady with a Fan > Terrapin > Drums > Space > Days Between > Bird Song (reprise) > One More Saturday Night
E: Johnny B. Goode

I showed up late, couldnt find parking was really bumming but the China Rider was totally grooving and a nice pick me up after a loose althea and a spacey Bird Song. Space was the theme, set 2 was really free flowing and distant, and they were sort of finding themselves the whole night. A really beautiful Terrapin and Days Between...

4-24-09 Nassau Coliseum Uniondale, NY
I: Jack Straw, Brown-Eyed Women, Baby Blue, Easy Wind, Death Don't Have No Mercy, Don't Ease, Lost Sailor > Saint of Circumstance
II: When I Paint My Masterpiece@, Peggy-O@, Looks Like Rain@, Alabama Getaway > Dark Star > Drums > Space > Knockin on Heaven's Door > GDTRFB
E: Touch of Grey

@Acoustic Set

Went on a whim, What a first set, it was absolutely killer, every song. The Acoustic set was a nice touch into a very spaced out second set, with an absolutely rocking Goin Down the Road to close it out. 3 Dylan covers, crazy night.

So I have sort of put everything aside for a little while for these shows, but tonight is Hartford and the last one I will be able to make, so heres to a nice run...

UPCOMING:
FINISHED THE SPLIT, THE WHEELS ARE GOING ON THAT! and A BIO/COMPLETE SHOW INFO FOR THE PETER WALKER GIG!

No comments: